Monday 8 January 2007

Tim Biskup


Tim Biskup is an amazing pop-surrealist, he paints weird characters in a very painterly style.

His biggest influence is Jim Flora but he also loves Ren and Stimpy. Biskup's recent work has a taken a darker tone;

'I've been doing these more dramatic themes, and putting a lot more of myself into my work. I realized that the intensity of the images wasn't quite matching emotionally what I wanted to put into it. The emotion has ratcheted up for me. I'm exploring some really dark areas of myself.'

This has included agonizing skulls, lost girls and decapitated griffins to name just a few, all being inserted into his work.
I enjoy Tim Biskup's work and have been looking at his work more and more recently. I like the energy and oddness to his paintings, I like artists who create their own worlds especially with weird,ugly, misunderstood characters .

No comments: