Monday 8 January 2007

What did you learn about the way we craft stories?

I feel that i have learned a lot about how to craft a story during this project. I have learned the technique of leading the viewer into the picture by using different angles and perspectives. I also had to make more decisions about my work and what exactly I was trying to convey. I learned to consider the opinions of others who were trying to understand my story, even if I didn't necessarily agree. From looking back over early drafts I made I have tried to summarize a scene more concisely and give more information over a shorter time period. I focused on the rhythm of the story and also tried to make the background reinforce the storyline of the particular scene; for example my first scene is bright red and dripping which reflects the characters panic of unexpectingly pooping in an open place.

No comments: